Thursday, July 2, 2009

Carpet Refresher!

I'll start off this blog by sharing a recipe for a carpet refresher I make often with my two elderly cats, my 100 lb lap dog, and my 3 messy kids!

2 cups Borax
10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
20 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil

Mix all together in a large bowl- let sit for about 15 minutes (I usually move furniture and pick up things I don't want to vacuum during this time!) Sprinkle on carpet using large spoon or measuring cup, paying careful attention to where your dog likes to lay. Let sit on carpet at least 20 more minutes being careful not to let your pets walk through- I doubt they want to lick Borax off their paws! Vacuum well. This mixture should also repel insects, ants and fleas. I actually end up making a double batch - one for upstairs, one for downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment